Monday, April 20, 2020

Interview - Alonzo


Hello Alonzo! Thank you for taking time to chat with us today. How are you doing? What has this time of social distancing been like for you? 


Hey! It’s my pleasure. I’m doing great. I’ve literally just been taking this whole thing 1 day at a time while still trying to be as productive as I possibly can. I’ve kind of gone through phases. First couple of weeks I was really excited to get some rest. Now, I’m just doing what I can to not feel lazy and like my life is passing me by. I work out from home every day, I’m teaching myself how to play piano and having fun making Tik Tok videos haha. 

Has this time given you more time to focus on music or do you find it more difficult? 

Well luckily, I had just officially finished recording my Album the week all of this started. The last 2 weeks of March I went back and forth with my producer Eric Zayne and my mixing engineer Rom Zareski. All vocals had been recorded, so at this point we were able to do all of the mixing and mastering communicating via email and phone. I’d say the biggest thing I miss right now is the stage. I really can’t wait to start performing again. 

We saw you partnered up with the UnLonely project to curate your own playlist. Tell us more about that. 

Ahhh yes! UnLonely project is a project launched by the Arts and Healing Foundation. It focuses on spreading awareness about how important it is to not be lonely and the effects that loneliness can have on our mental and physical health. They asked me to create a playlist on Spotify about “Connection”. I wanted to focus on one of the most important connections (the connection we have with ourselves). I really love how the playlist turned out feel free to check out more info here! https://artandhealing.org/unlonely-playlist-alonzo/ 

What music are you listening to the most right now? Any particular artist? 

This is probably gonna sound so narcissistic haha but I must be truthful. I’ve been listening to my own unreleased Album nonstop. Not because I love the music but really because I’m always walking around my living room imagining that I’m performing it and of course being super critical of myself trying to imagine if people are gonna like it or not.

Tell us your favorite quarantine snack? 

My favorite quarantine snack has been donuts (don’t tell nobody but GAWD) 

Anything else you would like to share with our readers? 

Yes! Please follow me on Instagram @StoryOfAlonzo and subscribe to my mailing list at this link https://linktr.ee/StoryOfAlonzo

Thank you for your time!

Thank you! These questions were awesome! 

For Press Inquiries:  bsquaredmgmt@gmail.com

End of Interview

No comments:

Post a Comment